Heart of the Deernicorn and illustrator Jabari Weathers have teamed up to bring you a 5-color print inspired by Avery Alder’s game, The Quiet Year. In addition to our usual offerings of garments and posters, we have designed a roll-up pouch to keep your copy of The Quiet Year safe through the seasons, or at least until the frost shepherds come.
Manufacturing Now! Will ship by Oct 15th.
About the Prints
- This is a limited edition preorder and is only available until September 20th.
- Orders ship 1-2 week after the end of the sale
- After preorders are shipped, any extras will be available in our store.
- This preordering system ensures that we can offer high-quality hand printed garments in a diversity of sizes and styles. It also means that after the preorder the availability of particular variations will be limited.
Roll-Up Bag – $30
ORGANIZE YOUR RESOURCES – each bag includes compartments for contempt tokens, dice, instructions, and cards.
- 15″ x 12″ finished dimensions
- Screen printed with water-based inks
- Yellow Ribbon
- 10 oz white cotton duck canvas
- Fits the both the classic and revised editions of The Quiet Year (sold separately)
A handmade roll-up bag to house your copy of the Quiet Year with four pockets for mapping materials and anything else you might need for your session. The bag fits both the original poker-sized cards as well as the newer tarot-sized edition.
(The Quiet Year is sold separately)
Tee Shirt – $25 (SOLD OUT)
- Handprinted with water-based inks
- Available in Straight Cut and Fitted Cut*: XS-6XL (sizing charts linked)
- 6.1 oz 100% Combed and Ringspun Cotton
- Chest Print
We use the language “Straight Cut”, and “Fitted Cut” for the two different scales called Unisex/Men’s and Women’s by the garment industry.
Fitted cut garments are typically 1 size smaller than the equivalent straight cut. For example if you typically wear a large fitted garment you would typically wear a small in straight cut sizing.
- 12.5″x 19″
- 100 lb premium cover stock by French Paper Company
- Hand Screen Printed with water-based inks
About The Quiet Year
The Quiet Year is a map game. You define the struggles of a community living after the collapse of civilization, and attempt to build something good within their quiet year. Every decision and every action is set against a backdrop of dwindling time and rising concern.
The game is played using a deck of cards – each of the 52 cards corresponds to a week during the quiet year. Each card triggers certain events – bringing bad news, good omens, project delays and sudden changes in luck. At the end of the quiet year, the Frost Shepherds will come, ending the game.
About the Artist
Jabari Weathers is a visionary artist and game designer from Baltimore who’s work includes the ENnie nominated Tarot of Servants for Bluebeard’s Bride, Cover art for Dissadent Whispers, and the Sorté Deck for 7th Sea. You can see more of their work at http://jmwillustration.com.